Pages

Monday, April 12, 2010

{Weight Loss Journey}

So I began this journey, I will call it, on January 2nd.  I call it a journey because the word diet means short lived.  I have tried all sorts of diets and gimmicks, but alas my ASS is still way too big.  Well I researched many new ways to eat and decided I would try the Sugar Busters method.  Now this way of eating is really for people with diabetis, but the way of eating just made sense to me.  My jump start was a New Years Day party at my parents' home.  All of my family was there and at the end of a LONG week filled with FOOD, FOOD, and more FOOD, we were all feeling puffy!  So it began, the family biggest loser contest.  Well we all got weighed in.  I honestly could not believe how much I was at!  If my family was not around I would have cried.  Now I would not allow anyone to see my number.  I folded my paper up and put it in the bag with the rest.  They were to be hidden until Easter Sunday when we would all meet again and see who had lost the biggest percentage.  So began my journey and I was taking my husband and son along for the ride.  No more special diet cooking for just me while they ate all the carbs and sweets they wanted.  I needed full support and they were on board.  Well this photo (bad one) was taken of hubby and I in November for our Anniversary.  Now I am NOT one for loving my photo being taken, but this one really was GROSS!, but that did not jump start my journey as you can tell it took 2 more months.
 Notice how I try to hide my double chins by leaning on hubby's shoulder.  LOL did not work.  Well I am happy to say that eating healthy and DAILY exercise, you mean you can't sit on your booty and lose weight, has really paid off.  The weigh in went like this - I lost the %, but also lost 27lbs! 

As of today's post I am down 30lbs and feel great.  I want to lose MORE, but I am going the slow, 2 lbs. per week on average, boat.  So this blog is going to be my outlet for dieting and crafting.  Follow me along my journey.  If you want to join me subscribe to the blog and leave a comment and we can go on the journey together.  I will post recipes and photos along the way.  My boys are doing great as well.  Hubby is down over 20lbs. as well.  I will post before and after of him as well.  My son has slimmed out too, and is as cute as ever!  Sorry for the poor pics, both from my phone.  I will get better ones and post them.

Here is my first recipe post that my whole family enjoys.
Turkey Chili
1 lb. ground white meat turkey
1 can fire roasted tomatoes
1 onion - chopped
1 red pepper - chopped
1 can white northern beans
1 can tomato sauce (look for low sugar)
smoked paprika
cumin
salt
pepper

Sautee: onions and peppers in 1 tsp olive oil, season with spices
add turkey meat and brown - reseason without all spices, except salt
stir in tomatoes and sauce and simmer for 10 minutes
add beans and simmer for another 10 mins.

Serve over brown rice and add salad

I only eat rice or whole wheat pasta 2 times a week so this is a special meal in my house!! :)  I hope you enjoy!  Let me know if you try it. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Robynccgirl said...

Awesome Kim! Great job! I too am trying to lose weight! So far I've lost 10lbs.! Keep up the positive attitude and love the recipe!