Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

{The Journey Continues}

So after 6 months of eating right and exercise 6 days a week, I am happy to say that I have reached my first goal.  40 by 40.  I wanted to lose 40 pounds by my 40th birthday.  I am so happy to say that I DID IT.  Now not to let myself get too excited I still have more to go.  I am really loving the daily exercising.  I feel great though 5AM comes SUPER early.  It is worth it.  Andrew and I "workout" 6 days a week.  Walking, biking etc.  Learning to eat the right foods and exercising has really made a difference in my life.  Hitting 40 and feeling better than I have in years is amazing.  For vacation this year my son chose to go hiking.  Now 40 pounds ago I would have vetoed that whole idea, but when he suggested it this year I was really excited.  As the day approaches I am looking forward to it.  Not only are we hiking, but we are going to be hiking in the Shenandoah Mountains of Virginia.  Well since I have been REALLY bad at maintaining this blog, here are a few pics from along my weight loss journey. I lost 4 clothing sizes that feels REALLY good.  Like I mentioned before there is still A LOT more to come off, but I am doing it the right way and feel great.
So the pictures are - December 2009, June 19th, 2010 - my 40th B day party - taking jello shots, and July 4th, 2010.  Ok yes was playing beer pong on the 4th.  Gotta show those young kids how it is done!  Still working on eliminating the whole DOUBLE chin thing, but alas Rome was not built in a day.  One more of me today!

Sorry not the best pic - was taken with my phone at work! LOL

So I have another recipe and it is great for all you working Mommy's out there.

Rotisserie Chicken, Garlic Spinach, and pasta

Take one rot. chicken - cube or slice the white meat
Cook Whole Wheat pasta - I used penne
Saute garlic in a small amount of olive oil
Saute Fresh Sliced Spinach with the garlic
Toss all ingredients along with Parmesan cheese. 

Really quick and YUMMY!  My son ate 2 bowls.

 Photobucket

No comments: