Pages

Tuesday, September 15, 2009

{New Layout}

I was asked by my good friend Tammy to rejoin the DT for Cherry Blossom Studio. Thanks Tammy. This week I got my first kit and went right to work. I could not wait to use the papers in the kit. Cosmo Cricket Earth Love. This collection is just way too cute. Here is one of the Layouts I did for the store. The others will have to wait until Friday. I have also been working on some cards with this set. I am going to be using some of Kristina Werners sketches. She is the BOMB!!! Really got me back into card making.
I did this LO using the 52 Sketches 52 weeks #37 sketch. I think it turned out pretty darn cute. The journalling spot is from Unity Stamps and the paper used for it is from Cosmo Cricket - though the Girl Friday Line I believe. Matched very well. The card is one I lifted from Shannon Zickle.
Well I have taken this semester off from classes and I have to say I am using it wisely. I made a schedule for the week which includes scrapping time for Me! Being a working wife and mommy sometimes I seem to get into the rut of all housework and mom duties and NO me time. I can get cranky!!! Well I am hoping to try and balance all of that out. So far so good, though I did start off a little slow. Any working Mom's out there tend to feel guilty for sitting in your craft room? I am trying to work in time after the little one has gone to bed. It really is a stress reliever for me and I feel that when I am done and relaxed everyone is happier. The house is clean, dinner is done, laundry in the dryer, and me in my craft room. The thing I enjoy the most about it is that my hubby and I share the office space and he works in there with me and we laugh a lot, chit chat, and have some fun while both of us are working. I admit though when I wear my Zune and listen to music it drives him crazy because I SING!!!! lol He does not find this amusing, funny how I do.... Well to all you Mom's out there, I recommend getting a schedule going and pencil in some YOU time! Enjoy your Tuesday. I will be posting more layouts and cards this week! Check out Unity Friends with Flair on Friday. This is a very fun hop and you get GREAT ideas.Photobucket

2 comments:

Tammy said...

The layout and the card turned out great! Love it! Can't wait to see it in person ;)

laverneboese said...

Congrats on the DT. That paper looks yummy. I love all your blog eyecandy. Sooooo, when can u start making me some cards?!!!...and u think i'm joking?