Pages

Tuesday, September 1, 2009

{Point Blank Period and a Yummo Recipe}

So today or should I say this morning Point Blank Period is LIVE. I can not wait to do the first challenge. This will so take me out of my comfort zone with the journalling etc. You know I just had to stop and check the spelling of the word "journalling" according to http://www.m-w.com/ it is not a word! So I guess any way I spell it will be right - LL or L guess you know what I mean. LOL Anyway this will also have me working on a project that is all about me! That might be the most challenging aspect for me. I scrap others and the events in my life, no so much ME. If you have not seen nor heard about Point Blank Period check it out HERE.
Well last night I made a great dinner that was so simple to make. I work full-time so meals that are quick, easy, and healthy are a must in our household. I made a Shrimp pasta with a white wine sauce. Here is the recipe if you are interested in making it.

3 Shallots - sliced
3 Cloves of Garlic - sliced
1/2 cup or less of Sun Dried Tomatoes - chopped
1 lb. of Spaghetti - i used whole wheat
1 1/2 lbs. of Shrimp - peeled and deveined
1 1/2 cups white wine
1/4 cup Olive Oil
2 cups Arugula

Cook the pasta
Sautee the onions and garlic on medium heat in the olive oil - about 3 minutes - do not brown
Then add the tomatoes and cook for another 3 minutes
Add the wine and shrimp - cook until shrimp is done
Add the pasta - Salt and Pepper mix well
Add the arugula, toss and enjoy - we added some parmesan cheese to it.

Easy peasey lemon squeezy and yummy too! Let me know if you try it. I am always looking for those types of recipes so post a link to one or add it to the comments! Thanks!
I will leave you with a random photo that I just love!
My son is hysterical and loves to ham it up for the camera. It just makes me laugh and that is what it is all about. I had a super nice chat with my friend LaVerne last night - about how we really need to not only take photos of our life, but learn to appreciate the life you are photographing. Spontaneity, randomness, and just general life moments mean more than the posed picture so remember that when photographing your life. Those moments just happen enjoy them

Photobucket

1 comment:

laverneboese said...

i love the look of your new blog. mine totally needs a face lift...but first things first, gotta start posting on it,heehee. and that recipe...yum. i have to definitely try that. i don't have any to exchange with you unfortunately, since i don't cook worth a darn. but if anyone happens to pass one on to me, i'll let u know :) i wanna try that point.blank.period challenge. hopefully tonight, i'll mess around with it. i have preschool stuff to organize first :( hugs...